Not Good.

Herrin Twins
Bryce was very sick today. He has no appetite, he is nauseous and vomiting a lot, he has no energy, he is pale and his spirits are low—I could go on and on. We had an appointment with the pulmonologist, Lord Voldemort (He asked that we not use his real name. We love him. He’s wickedly awesome. If any of you need a pulmonologist, give me a call and I’ll hook you up.) He had the unfortunate privilege of telling us that Bryce’s chemo isn’t working. At all. Bryce’s lungs are worse. He and I had a long discussion about things NOBODY should have to think about.

The radiation has stopped the tumor growth on Bryce’s heart, so let’s hear it for good news! Unfortunately, the tumor load in his lungs is out of control, completely dwarfing any cardiac related paranoia I have nurtured recently. We haven’t scanned the rest of his body for about a month, but nothing else could be scarier than what we’re seeing right now.

I had to have my moment of breakdown, but I’m tapping into my reserves and trying to be tough. We all are doing that right now, including Bryce. He wants to know when we can move to plan B, which will probably be IL2. His heart and lungs might not tolerate it, but the alternative is grim. The bigwig powwow will be tomorrow, as Admiral Dad has placed calls to all of Bryce’s doctors.

The Brown and Sellers families, as always, immediately descended upon our home to support, mourn, and strategize together. Team Bryce!

I wonder whether Dani can sense something. She has been fussy today, and keeps waking up tonight. I thought she lost her pacifier, but she was screaming through her binky. Maybe it’s just teething? I woke up to a horrific noise over her baby monitor yesterday morning, and ran in to see what it was. She was grinding her new top tooth onto her bottom teeth. I guess it erupted overnight! That makes 3 teeth. I’m normally orally fixated enough to draw a diagram about the horrors of tooth grinding, but this can wait. Dang, she’s cute. Although she’s here with us most of the time, I miss her. My thoughts are elsewhere, and I’m feeling VERY guilty for that. She has been well taken care of. The grandparents, aunts, and neighbors (Beth, Amy, Val, and all of your wonderful kids!!) have been so good to her. Thank you so much!

We have been the subjects of so many compassionate acts of service, and I need to thank everybody. Every other night, a hot meal shows up at our door. The lawn has been mowed, Dani has had sitters, we have had fun visitors, our peaches were picked last night, this website is beautifully constructed and maintained, and I was given a pedicure in my family room last night! Our church is behind these selfless acts and many more. I can’t begin to list names, so I’ll thank VV9 in general. I also have to thank Christine, who sent Bryce her special healing coin, and Suzan, who sent Bryce a prayer blanket from her church congregation. It is beautiful, and I wish my DSL worked right now so I could upload a picture of Bryce wrapped up in his blankie with his coin taped to his heart. We haven’t even met these women, yet they have taken time from their own melanoma nightmares to do very special things for Bryce. We are humbled, and hope to pay it forward when the time is right.

Bryce and I had a special visit today from Erin Herrin and her two adorable girls, whom you may recall were conjoined at birth, and then separated last year amid a huge media circus. Their grandpa came to visit us last week; he is one of the 1% who kicked cancer’s butt. (www.ikickedcancersbutt.org). Dr. Isotope hooked us all up. It has been such a privilege for us to meet these brave people whom have defied the odds and made a difference in so many lives. Amy, thanks for the pedi and for introducing us to your sister. That entire family is a miracle.

People constantly ask us how they can help, and I have just figured it out. LOVE ONE ANOTHER. We have seen this in action. What a beautiful thing. Spouses, cuddle up tonight as though it were the last cuddle. Don’t fixate on silly, inconsequential things. Some day you may give anything to be able to deal with those annoyances just one more time. Hug, kiss and appreciate your relationship. Humbly thank God for the chance you have had to spend such wonderful times with each other. Embrace your kids, and shed your tears of gratitude for such wonderful miracles in your lives. Climb onto your bed with your spouse and kids and watch a movie together. Hold your family tight as if you will never let go. Take pictures and video of your family together, and record messages for one another. Slather your kids with sunblock! Spend time with your family and friends. I never thought this would happen to us, especially in our early 30’s with an infant daughter. This means it could happen to anybody. LOVE LIFE. As my good friend Reed says, “Be Happy Every Day.” That is what we need.

Bryce, I love you so much. You are my hero. It is such an honor to be your wife and best friend. Thank you for loving me equally. Thank you for loving my quirks. Thank you for accepting that I will make us late for everything. Thank you for proving that a marriage is a two-way street, and for making me feel special and smart and beautiful. Thank you for loving my pink hair. Thank you for our beautiful baby, who is so much like you. Thank you for enduring the glare of my laptop as I write late at night, but not caring because you’d rather have me snuggle with you as I type. I love your snoring and your addiction to chocolate peanut butter ice cream. I love that you chat with strangers as if you were long-lost buddies. I love that you always give people the benefit of the doubt, and refuse to judge them based on their weaknesses. I love your obsessions with golf and Porsches. I love that you refuse to give up, and will fight like hell to keep our family together. I AM BLESSED.

On Thursday, August 30, 2007 at 5:14 AM
Mikey, Teri & Annika said:

We love you guys!

On Thursday, August 30, 2007 at 5:32 AM
Laurie Steadman said:

Tammy, I am sorry that you and your family are going through this. You are such a great mommy and wife you are so strong. I wish that there was somthing that I could say to all of you to make it better I wish that there was somthing that I could do. I will keep you in my prayrs and hold you all in my heart if you need anything please call me. I wish you all the best
Laurie

On Thursday, August 30, 2007 at 7:02 AM
Sharon said:

To your entire family and especially Bryce we are sending our prayers to you from North Dakota. We have a son-in-law (who in our eyes is the best) and is also fighting the battle of metastatic melanoma. Our hearts go out to you. And what a beautiful baby you have!

On Thursday, August 30, 2007 at 8:08 AM
Jer said:

I'll hug my girls a little tighter tonight.

You have all my hopes, Bryce IS the 1%!
Jer

On Thursday, August 30, 2007 at 8:35 AM
Leslie said:

Not only am I appreciating my husband, friends, and family more, I am also going to the doctor to get my skin checked out....thanks to you guys. More awareness needs to be raised about this horrible disease. I have high hopes that Bryce will beat this. Take care, all of you.

Leslie

On Thursday, August 30, 2007 at 8:45 AM
Tom Folkman said:

Bryce, Tammy, and Dani

Tammy you don't know me, but I know Bryce and as I have read you entries you bave blessed my life with your wonderful outlook on a very scary situation. My son wife and I have been business aquaintances of Bryce since he started working with his Dad at Bintz. We are all praying for his rapdid recovery and return to good health. Families are a tremendous blessing in our lives especially when times are difficult. I read your blog from last night and you gave a wonderful thought about how we should live our lives and love the moments we have with each other. We wonder what we can do, what we can say or write that might help in some small manner. I heard a talk by Jeffrey R Holland about a family with a very ill son, and the mother was trying desperately to do all she could to be a blessing to her ill son and also to the rest of her family. One day she was coming into her home from spending time in the temple and her small daughter ran up to her and handed her some coloring that she had been doing. The daughter said to her mom "do you know what these are?" And the mom being very tired and feeling very alone wanted to say "Not now" but instead decided to bend down and listen to her child. So she replied "no I don't know what these are, please tell me." Her daughter then replied "these are the scriptures, and do you know what the scriptures say? they say trust Jesus." Little kids are very smart and I agree with her. May God bless your family with the most choice blessing He has.

Tom Jean and Justin Folkman

On Thursday, August 30, 2007 at 9:10 AM
Jill said:

Tammy

My thoughts and prayers are with your family.
Your blog entries continually move me to tears because you remain so strong and positive. It always changes my outlook on life and makes all of the little things in life seem so meaningless.
Stay strong and let me know if there is anything else that I can do for you or your family.
Jill H.

On Thursday, August 30, 2007 at 9:25 AM
Sally Mc said:

To those of you who read every comment as I have through Tammy & Bryces ordeal, please pay particular attention to Tammy's LOVE ONE ANOTHER paragraph. I cried when I read it because it is SO SO true and sometimes we forget how important our families are until it's too late. We don't mean to, but life just happens. Bryce and Gordon (my sweetheart who I lost in April) sat in the same room together back in December talking about planning a Christmas party. Neither Tammy nor I nor Bryce or Gordon had any idea that we would go through the events of the past months...not a clue. That was just 9 months ago. We know that God has a plan, but unfortunately we aren't privy to his timeline. Sometimes life sneaks up on us and gives us a reality check. LOVE ONE ANOTHER. Read and re-read what Tammy posted. She knows what she's talking about! There is so much love and support on this website. If you truly love Bryce and Tammy and Dani, do exactly as she has asked and do it now. LOVE ONE ANOTHER!
I love you Tammy, Bryce & Dani,
One foot in front of the other...
Sally Mc

On Thursday, August 30, 2007 at 9:30 AM
Sally said:

Dear Bryce and Tammy,
The Saints in Winter Quarters and Washington DC are also praying for you both. Love always,

On Thursday, August 30, 2007 at 10:08 AM
Nikki said:

I stopped by the other day even though I was hesitant to do so since you have been overwhelmed with visitors. You were out though. I did see Bryce and he was friendly and made me feel welcome even though we don't know each other well. I told him he must get well so I can get to know him. I can't believe this horrific thing is happening to you. I've watched you go through so much in your life. This has got to be the worst. My heart aches for you and all who know you and Bryce. I love reading the things you write about him and your family. You have such a wonderful support. I'm just sorry I couldn't be more involved in that support. I do check your blog often and what you say has allowed me to see how small my problems are compared to yours. Keep up the fight. Miracles can still happen! I believe in you two.
Nikki

On Thursday, August 30, 2007 at 10:35 AM
Jill Garner said:

Bryce and Tammy,
We (like everyone else) hope we find the right words to be of some comfort to you both right now. We really appreciate you taking the time to keep everyone posted. You are really giving everyone a wakeup call about appreciating the important things in life!
You and your families are in our thoughts and prayers everyday. We love you both!
Brad and Jill

On Thursday, August 30, 2007 at 10:45 AM
jeener said:

Tammy, Bryce and Dani,

Remember that Bryce and You are already a miracle. Your marriage is a miracle and Danica is most certainly a miracle. I don't believe that all of the miracles have been used up.

You are his rock. Fight for your family and make Bryce drink the Boost-Plus. I love you, jeener

On Thursday, August 30, 2007 at 12:14 PM
Teri said:

I am sitting at my desk in tears wishing I knew what to say to comfort you but I am speechless. You and Bryce are such wonderful people. Your strength continues to amaze me. I have felt so guilty enjoying my life knowing what you are going through. Everyday I try to think of something to do for your guys. I truly wish there was more we could do. You have been so wonderful to Mike and me. We keep you in our thoughts and prayers and are getting more people to be behind you daily. Dani is a beautiful baby girl and you will create some of the best memories with her in years to come. Memories that will include her Daddy! We love you guys!
Teri

On Thursday, August 30, 2007 at 12:42 PM
Brad Garner said:

Bryce:First let me appologize for not getting in touch sooner I have tried to write this letter twice and cannot figure out how to send it ( you know how cumputer litterate I am) last Year when you started working on the Fields account you and I had a discussion about respect and we talked about how it is earned and not just given. This year I have neglected to tell you how much respect you have earned not only from your customers but from the employees, myself, and especially your father not a day goes by that he is not bragging about you and your strength and resilliance. So Bryce this is long over do but I do want to tell you how proud I am of you in your professional as well as in your personal life.
Tammy: Your bloggs and honesty are truely amazing the stregth that it must take to write this dairy for you and Dani is an inspiration to all that read this. I marvel at your strength every day and I cannot imagine where this strength comes from and then I realize that you are a Mother and wife and that no battle is to big to fight for your child and husband.( look out cancer!!)
Bryce and Tammy: I know you realize how lucky the two of you are to have found each other I think very few people in life are lucky enough to have found and married their soul mates it was obvious to me the first time I saw the two of you togeather that you have something special and that both of you are great with each other. Bryce, I would like you to know that as a result of watching what you are going thru and the suffering that this dirty "C" word has caused for you and all those that love you I am making a public commitment in your Blog that the two of you have insired me to quit smoking for the last couple of weeks every time I cough I think about how hard you are fighting for your lungs and how assinine it is for me to be killing mine, so as of this writting I no longer Smoke..
Thanks Bryce You and Tammy are always in our Prayers and our thoughts.
PS. Its a good thing we have e-mail cause if this was a letter I am afraid thier would be a lot of smeared words from the tear stains. We love both of you
Brad

On Thursday, August 30, 2007 at 1:03 PM
Wendy Hanson said:

Bryce, Tammy and Dani,

All of these comments here say everything I want to say. Michael has been wearing his "kill cancer" wristband with pride. I need to get one for each member of my family. It is a wonderful reminder that we can't take life for granted. To think of others and as you said, "love one another". Thank you for being an inspiration to all of us. Please know that we continue to pray for all of you and we continue to pray for the miracle that everyone else is praying for. There is no reason that Bryce can't be the 1%. I've witnessed miracles before and I know it can happen. You have a beautiful family and we're happy to be a part of your extended family. I know you hear this alot but if there is anything we can do for any of you, please let us know. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with everyone. It is blessing the lives of others. Someday this journal will give you peace and strength because it is so full of love you have for each other. We love you and you are always in our thoughts and prayers. Love, Wendy and Troy Hanson

On Thursday, August 30, 2007 at 4:13 PM

I am sitting here struggling for the right words to say...like there are any 'right words' during a time like this. I think about you all many times during the day and even find myself waking up thinking about you and the struggles you're going through. Melanoma is terrible!
Know that there are people all over the world praying for your recovery, Bryce and for you to have some peace, Tammy, Dani and every other family member. We're all pulling for you.

Godspeed...

On Thursday, August 30, 2007 at 4:22 PM
Suzan said:

Tammy and Bryce,
I check the blog every morning. It has become a regular habit for me. Keith asks how you are everyday and I give him the report. When I checked this morning, my heart broke for ya'll. I sat and cryed. I know I was crying for ya'll but also for us and all the people suffering from this horrible disease. Stay strong in your faith, and love. Continued prayers are coming your way.

Suzan

On Thursday, August 30, 2007 at 4:48 PM
Michael Hanson said:

Bryce and Tammy
Well i was just sitting here reading this last post by Tammy. I have been gone for two years in New England. I was able to see people change their lives and was even a part of motivating others to change. I loved it. I felt like i was on cloud nine. After reading your blogs, you have been my motivator and many others. Im a pretty strong guy and i dont get too emotional, i have to put on the "Im the man" attitude becuase guys dont do that. haha but when i read the things that you are going through and the faith and hope you have, it honestly brings tears to my eyes. I marvel at what you can do, both of you. Thank you for motivating me and many others to become better.
your cousin,
Michael Hanson

On Thursday, August 30, 2007 at 8:32 PM
Amy Jones said:

You guys are SO amazing!!! I'm sitting here reading your posting and all of the comments attached to it, and I can't stop crying. You are changing people's lives! The fact that you are inspiring people to stop tanning, to wear sunscreen, to go get their moles checked, etc...to STOP SMOKING! And most importantly, to stop and smell the roses, to love and appreciate each other, to cherish EVERY moment...you are creating miracles all over the world. You are both the absolute strongest and most awe-inspiring people I have ever met! I feel so priveleged to know you, and to have gotten to know you better through all of this. You are my heroes!!! Never give up! Miracles DO happen, and it ain't over 'til it's OVER!!! Bryce WILL BE the 1%--I have no doubt about it.

Lots of love and prayers,

Amy

On Thursday, August 30, 2007 at 8:44 PM
Corey Barfuss said:

Tammy we have meet before and I came to your reception at the Browns home. I worked at Bintz then moved on to be a broker as Bintz as one of my distributers, then remarried and moved to MS, but what I really wanted to say was to Bryce. I just found out about this when I called and talked to Tom Doherty and I am stunned and saddened but at the same time uplifted and encouraged at the overpouring and the coming together of the family, friends, community and church members. It once again testifies of the importantance and love of a family. The support and the confidence that comes thru in this blog even in your low times Tammy, testifies of the love you have in each other and in the gospel. And oh what a blessing to have the gospeles knowledge of this life and the life here after. I know it does not fix things the way we want but it does help. Bryce I want you to know after reading several comment espesially from Tom Folkman and Brad Garner that you and your family are an instrument that even thru your suffering you are planting seeds in many other peoples life that you touch and because of that your life and the lifes of those you touch will be blessed for the better. Bryce you are a very blessed man in the respect of your family and the way you have lived your life these last few years and how you have reached out and touched so many as evedince in these letters. I count it an honor to know you and your family and to have worked along side of you. I only wish I lived closer. Being the Elders Q. Pres. I have the oppurtunity to be at the Baton Rouge temple on a regular basis and have many conversation with our Heavenly Father, know that you will be added in my talks with him. I know many people are praying for you and that is one of the reason I mentioned you are helping others as they are talking to our Heavenly Father more often, and how could that be a bad thing. I know you know you are loved, just add me and my family to the long list of those who know you and love you and your family!

Your friend and brother in the gospel
Corey Barfuss

On Thursday, August 30, 2007 at 8:57 PM
Sammy said:

Tammy it was so great to see you. Steph and I were very happy to spend time with Baby Dani! Tammy you are a superstar and don't you forget it. You just have amazing strengths that everyone admires. Your stories and love for Bryce touch my soul everyday.I saw Bryce smile. That was magical. Ask him how he felt about the James Bond movie he watched tonight.
:) I love you guys and hopefully we will get to babysit Dani again.

On Thursday, August 30, 2007 at 10:33 PM
Marley said:

Tammy & Bryce,

I finally got hooked up to the internet after moving. I have been keeping up on your news from Beth and Amy. I have been praying many times a day for you, for the miracle of healing. I have not, nor will I give up. I was so pleased to hear that you are determined to be like Jeff, in that 1%.
I know you have your "vision". I want to share mine with you. I see Bryce walking up the aisle in Fast & Testimony meeting. He is walking up the steps and to the podium. As he stands in front of the microphone tears begin to stream down his cheeks as he shares the miracles wrought in his body and in your family's life. He testifies of the Lord's power of healing and of the power of faith, prayer and love.
This vision brings tears of gratitude to my eyes because I know this is a reality.
Thank you for being so strong and being an inspiration to all who read this.
Remember King Hezekiah!
Remember Lazarus!
Remember Jeff!
Remember my nieces, Kendra & Maliyah!
They all made it against all odds and so have you!!!!

On Thursday, August 30, 2007 at 10:49 PM

Tammy and Bryce,

It is such an honor to see you guys fighting for your life and your family. There are some who give up before the fight has even begun..... it was great to see you, Bryce, prodding Tammy along to get somewhere so you wouldn't be late the other day. It was a slice out of life that would've seemed so normal had the massive oxygen tanks not been stacked in the doorway as a blatant reminder that you are fighting for your air everyday. It reminded me of Elder Bruce R. McConkie who would dress in his suit for days or weeks (I can't remember) when he was very ill. He refused to submit to his illness. He fought hard each day. I remember thinking how strong he was. I have seen that strength in you.

I thought I had heard (almost) everything in my life until you mentioned surviving a certain teenage activity involving a car....holy cow, how many lives do you have? :)

What a miracle you two are creating with this blog. What a blessing it is to others to watch lives change for the better and to hold our families a little closer. What a great legacy for Dani to read later what her parents created for her.

Tammy, I am also impressed at how much you are able to put yourself "out there" and show others how to accept help and love. You are creating a miracle with your faith.

On Friday, August 31, 2007 at 12:06 AM
Reed Cowan said:

God bless you forever and ever and ever. I hope you know of our love from far far away. Put Bryce and baby on a plane to Miami and let's just chill on the beach. And don't tell the Bish...but I make a mean margarita. It kills cancer...with just enough salt to make you feel like a slug.
I love you i love you i love you.
Be happy every day.
Indeed.
My son's motto.

On Friday, August 31, 2007 at 3:35 AM
John Maxfield said:

Hi Bryce,
We are all praying for you. LIVE STRONG!!! Tammy your such a wonderful wife and what a beutiful baby Dani is. We cover our kids in surf skins and sunscreen constantly, it a way of life here on Maui. Bryce this little story is for you, I once owned a Porsche Cabriolet and one night at sunset Brynnly and I were driving down from Park City, I took the exit at Mt. Dell and instead of halling ass up the hill to Emigration Canyon, I took a sharp left down the cart path and up on to the tee box...and we parked...and well???...Yes, golf and Porsche's and other things do great together! I hope this broght a big smile to your face, I'm sure I'll pay for it, but for you anything.
Aloha and much love, John, Brynnly, Caleb, Marissa and Miles

On Friday, August 31, 2007 at 3:22 PM
Chris R said:

Bryce and Tammy -
I am in awe of your strength and courage. By choosing to fight you have chosen the more difficult path. Your words of devotion to each other and Dani are inspiring. I do believe that hope can bring about miracles. You deserve to be the 1%. You are in my thoughts daily. By putting a voice to the battle that you are waging you are giving strength and encouragement to so many. May the Lord bless you with the miracle you need.
Love, Chris

On Friday, August 31, 2007 at 4:53 PM
Joe Moore said:

Bryce,

Dern told me about your battle with cancer recently. I don't think we've talked since high school, but I remember hanging out with you way back to the Oak Hills days when we were on the same soccer team with your Dad coaching us - Jedi Warriors!!! I never forget my good Bountiful friends from the old days. Those were good times. I think you were the only guy who could talk more trash than me! We were competitve guys then and I bet you haven't changed a bit and am sure you are fighting this thing like crazy.

You and your family have inspired many, including myself, and my prayers are with you and your family on this day.

Joe Moore

On Friday, August 31, 2007 at 5:28 PM
Amanda Hadfield Shirley said:

Dear Tammy,
I'm an old friend of Bryce's from his BOB days. I am so sad to hear how things are going. Your message is loud and clear. SPF 55 forever! Bryce is such an amazing guy, the 1% for certain. He has enriched so many lives with his optomistic attitude - I still find myself saying "it's all good" and thinking of Bryce. You're little family will be in our prayers.
Amanda

On Friday, August 31, 2007 at 11:06 PM
Lauri P. said:

I understand that Bryce went in for a blood transfusion today. I hope he is doing ok. My thoughts and prayers are with you daily.

I appreciate your blog so much. I love getting the information you share with us, and I have gained so much from the comments that I read from others. You are so loved!!!

Tell Bryce to hang in there. Everyone is pulling for him. May the Lord be with you and your family at this time. Keep your chin up!!!

Lauri P.

On Saturday, September 1, 2007 at 9:33 AM
Misty said:

So I was laying in bed this morning thinking of some of the great times I had with Bryce, whether it be wakeboarding in Lake Powell, splunking Logan cave, or riding horses to the top of Muller Park in the middle of the night, things were always an adventure if you had Bryce (right Tammy!). Mostly because something was bound to go wrong, but you would always do it saying, "I"m TOTALLY not afraid!" I've realized after reading the blog and comments that it's that attitude that everyone loves, including myself.
Tammy, Bryce is so very lucky to have you in his life. I still can't believe that I can't remember you from High School, sorry, I was a little in my own world back then. I'll admit I was a little worried about Bryce, I don't really remember him dating, just having a lot of fun. So it was so neat to meet your family and see that he finally decided to settle down. I know you have been a great strengh to him and I loved how he looked at you and Dani because he was so proud to have you two to help him fight against this. Thank you for taking such good care of him!
I'm thinking of you always buddy! And NEVER forget your motto!
Love Ya! Misty

P.S. Also if you need Rachel to come over to give you a pick me up, she'll be there!

On Saturday, September 1, 2007 at 11:59 AM
Lori Johnson said:

My prayers with are you, Bryce and Danki. Also with your Parents and siblings.

I remember when you were little and you always cared about other people.
Just like you are doing now.

Hang in there.

Love Lori Johnson

On Saturday, September 1, 2007 at 6:25 PM
Chris & Julie Steadman said:

Tammy & Bryce,

You both exemplify what the gospel is all about. In all of your hardships and your struggles, you have blessed the lives of countless individuals. You will be blessed for your strength, your humility, your love and your service. Thank you for your examples! How truly blessed we are to know you.

We love you. We are praying for you. God bless you.

On Saturday, September 1, 2007 at 7:14 PM
Rhonda said:

Hi Bryce, Tammy and Dani,
I've been reading and rereading your blog. What wonderful people you have in your lives. I admire how you are so open to us all. Sharing your heart and lives is so personal, I don't know if I could do it. What an honor to read what is written here. I still hold the vision of you, Bryce, flying a kite with Dani. You are so healthy and your body whole and strong. You are perfect. I know there is a lot of power in how we think, so everyone I talk to I ask them to think of you as healthy. If you have the strength to think of yourself as having a healthy strong body and believe it, I'm sure it will give that 1% a huge edge. I believe you have created such an outpouring of love and good wishes in this world nothing but good can come from this. Please hold the thought of perfect health and see you running on that beach, I see it over and over again. The kite is orange. All of you are in my prayers constantly. Love you. -Rhonda

On Sunday, September 2, 2007 at 11:40 AM
Dad said:

Bryce,
I just finished reading the Book of Mormon again and was reminded by Mormon editorializing in Ether 12:12 about the requirement that we have faith. The verse reads: “For if there be no faith among the children of men God can do no miracle among them…..” I thought about “Faith Precedes the Miracle” by Spencer W. Kimball. I had never read it but was aware of the name of the book. A few days ago I downloaded the book to my PDA and started to look at it. I couldn’t immediately see any major heading that would be pertinent to our situation. Yesterday I looked at it again and drilled down below the major headings and found a chapter titled “Faith Precedes the Miracle.”

I believe that it was originally a conference talk that was given by President Kimball. The message to me was that we should never loose faith. Miracles can and do happen. He gave the example of the Israelites trapped by the desert, the Red Sea and the Egyptian army. The Israelites did not have faith but Moses did. Moses had done what the Lord had told him to do and Moses had faith that they would be delivered, but probably had no idea how. At the time of their deepest despair the winds blew all night, the sea was parted and they crossed on dry land. He also relates examples of Abraham’s and Noah’s faith and the miracles that occur because of their faith. I would like to read this short chapter to you. When your situation looks most difficult, do not despair and rely on your faith that our Redeemer will bless you. Your Father-in-Heaven loves you and is aware of your needs.

Dad

On Sunday, September 2, 2007 at 6:28 PM
Rachelle Stevens said:

Bryce,

I know that you can fight the cancer. You're a really strong person. Don't give up hope. Everybody wishes the best for you.

Rachelle

On Sunday, September 2, 2007 at 9:57 PM

Bryce and Tammy,
My dear friends... I love you both and I have been praying every minute for you!!! Tammy I told you today the Lord will carry you both through this and that Bryce will beat this because I will not have it any other way right??? I am reading what all of your close friend s have been saying about Bryce and how he has touched their lives and the difference he has made in their lives...Tammy read the email I sent to you and Bryce tonight ...Bryce will make it....I believe in miracles...I am a miracle...We will cover that boy from head to toe in prayer blankets if we have to Bryce so many prayers are being said for you my friend and I told Tammy that if I have to I will hop on a plane and be by your side while you do the IL-2 and hug Tammy when she needs a hug and burp Dani when she needs burpin, Whatever it takes to help you get through this. Please know that whatever it is that you two need the Lord is going to provide it for you.

On Sunday, September 2, 2007 at 10:09 PM
kristin smith said:

Hello there to the Brown's,
I just wanted to thank you for the orange "We're Killing Cancer" bracelets you left at Radiation Therapy. I'm one of the therapists' that worked with you in the past couple of weeks. I am wearing the bracelet and it has brought up several topics of conversation that were good with my children, husband, family and friends. We really are on a crusade to Kill Cancer and I would love to remove your pain and suffering and bring back happier, pain free days for you. Thanks for your great big smile and contagious energy. Just like you said... you're one of our favorite patients... ok our favorite!!! Keep fighting and we will pray for that miracle that we are all hoping for. Thanks for your courage and enduring your trial so well. You remain in our thoughts and prayers.

kristin s.

On Tuesday, September 4, 2007 at 8:50 AM
david bishop said:

bryce

we are praying for you in florida,you have always been a friendly voice on the other end of the line when we called in to the store for an order and do miss you alot.
i would like to suggest angelflight for your flight to vegas.
please call them and tell them what your needs are and they should post it for you.
i fly angel flights here in the southeast and you are the perfect candidate for this.The flight takes place on private aircraft based in your area.

any questions please feel free for your wife to call me and i can get you set up.

david bishop
(phone number removed from public display)

On Monday, September 17, 2007 at 2:07 PM
Andrew Winegar said:

Bryce we are keeping you in our prayers my wife and I are pulling for you buddyy! let us know if there is anything we can do to help. we love you!